We are gathering your St. Matthew’s stories!
Telling Your Story… is an opportunity to reflect on the people and events that have helped you build a deeper, more personal relationship with God.
Specifically, we are asking you to tell us:
- What experiences and events stood out for you?
- What touched your heart, mind, and soul?
- Who are your role models and what did you learn?
- Who formed and shaped your spiritual life?
- How has this experience drawn you closer to God?
Knowing and celebrating our past will help us to plan for our future. Telling Your Story… is an important first step in the process that will ultimately lead to calling a new priest.
There will be large posters hung throughout the Parish Hall, with separate posters for each of our five decades as a parish.
- Think of your stories (you may have one to share or 10 to share – each one is important!)
- Write them on the poster for the decade when the story happened
- Tell us the who, what and when AND, tell us how or why it affected your relationship with God
- Got a picture? Add it! (we will make sure that you get it back)
The Parish Hall will be transformed into a timeline of stories and pictures!
Everyone in the congregation is invited to contribute to Saint Matthew’s timeline. Whether you are young or old, a new or a founding member, your story is important. Our goal is for everyone to share their top experiences/events.
From late August through Saint Matthew’s Day on September 22nd.
The posters will remain in the Parish Hall through late October.