St. Matthew’s Family,
No doubt, this has been a year that has stretched our abilities to be flexible and frequently change plans, but, with Jesus Christ as our anchor of hope, we take these alterations as they come and faithfully put our trust in God. Now I must share with you another change of plans that will directly affect our worship schedule for Christmas.
Unfortunately, a parishioner at the 8 am Holy Eucharist yesterday (12/20) has tested positive for the COVID virus. Therefore, the ten people present must now go into quarantine for two weeks or until receiving a negative test result. This does not pertain to those attending the 9:30 am service or those who came to decorate for Christmas. The church and adjacent areas must also be professionally deep cleaned, which is scheduled to take place tomorrow, Tuesday (12/22).
As a result of my having to quarantine, in addition to several members involved in the recording and music aspects of our worship, the services will be held via Zoom. Here is the updated schedule through the weekend:
December 24th – 3 pm – Family Service with Pageant (Zoom link)
December 24th – 7 pm – Traditional Service with Blended Music (Zoom link)
December 25th – 10 am – Rite I Holy Eucharist (Zoom link)
December 27th – 9 am – Rite II Holy Eucharist (Zoom link)
Lord willing, we will be able to recommence our streamed services from the church on Sunday, January 3rd. Please keep in your prayers the parishioner who tested positive and the other nine individuals who are now in quarantine, including my family.
I am thankful that we had the opportunity yesterday to finally worship together, even if virtually, and begin our ministry together. May we, united in faith and mission, glorify God in all places and in all circumstances, giving special thanks this week for the gift of the newborn King.
With Love in Christ,
Christmas 2020 News & Information
- Services for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day 2020Watch our Zoom services from Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, including our Virtual Christmas Pageant. Due to significantly increasing COVID-19 infection rates and guidance from the Diocese, these services were…
- Virtual Christmas PageantThe children and youth of St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church and Nursery School have created a virtual telling of the story of the Birth of Jesus! The pageant premiered during our…
- COVID UpdateSt. Matthew’s Family, No doubt, this has been a year that has stretched our abilities to be flexible and frequently change plans, but, with Jesus Christ as our anchor of…
- Christmas Services for 2020Due to significantly increasing COVID-19 infection rates and guidance from the Diocese, services this Christmas will be virtual only. Please note that previously announced service times were updated on December…
- Do Not Be Afraid: A Saint Matthew’s Virtual Christmas PageantIt remains a challenge for Saint Matthew’s to gather in person during this most special and holy season. In times like these, I wonder how technology might bring us together?…