St. Matthew’s has volunteered and been selected as one of the churches in the diocese that will be a hub for collecting items to help refugees coming into our region from Afghanistan. It is a wonderful opportunity to help others who have fled horrific and life-threatening circumstances, and have come to our shores carrying nothing but prayers and hopes for a new life.
This will last through the month of September, and many thanks to Karen Sawyer, who is on the Global Mission Commision, for sharing this opportunity with us. Items can be placed under the coatrack outside the kitchen, brought to the church during office hours, or placed in the bins outside the narthex doors.
- NO GLASS ITEMS, Pillows, or Tampons
- Diaper Cream
- Baby clothes for all baby ages
- Baby logistics: diapers, wipes, bottles, baby food (no glass jars and no meat)
- Spoons and new pacifiers
- MEN’S CLOTHING-IMMEDIATE NEED (no shorts or tank tops)
- Women’s clothing (mostly long sleeve but modest short sleeve is acceptable,
- no shorts, dresses or tank tops)
- Children’s clothes (long sleeves and pants)
- Feminine hygiene product
- Newborn hats and socks
- New modest underwear for adults and kids
- New socks for adults and kids
- Hats for all ages (cold weather and warm)
- Blankets (clean or new)
- Shoes (new or clean with very little wear)
- Toys (not battery operated)
- Stuffed animals
- Please no monetary donations i.e.: gift cards, cash, etc. — only items from the list, please.
All items can be brought to:
St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church
919 Tennis Avenue
Maple Glen, PA 19002
Questions? Please call the Parish Office at 215-646-4092 or email the Parish Manager.