We are offering both in-person and livestream worship services at this time.
7:45 a.m. – The Holy Eucharist – Rite I Service (In-Person)
9:00 a.m. – The Holy Eucharist – Rite II Service with Contemporary Music (In-Person and Livestream)
10:30 a.m. – The Holy Eucharist – Rite II Service with Organ and Choir (In-Person and Livestream)
Want to receive Holy Communion but aren’t ready to return to in-person worship? We can help!
In-Person Worship Walk-Through with Fr. RodneyPosted by St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church on Friday, February 5th, 2021
As always, the primary goal is to return in the safest way possible. Therefore, the following guidelines must be followed:
- You must register to attend any of our services, and attendance will be limited to meet current guidance from the Diocese. A registration form will be available through links in our weekly emails, as well as here: https://reopen.church/r/MZEUeRNk If you are unable to do this electronically, please call the Parish Office, 215-646-4092.
- All attendees must wear masks from the point at which they exit their vehicles. Please be sure your masks fully cover your nose and mouth.
- Before participating in an in-person service, any attendee must submit a completed screening questionnaire and undergo a temperature check. An online screening questionnaire can be completed on the day of the service. If you cannot complete the online form, a paper copy will be made available to you, or an usher will assist you. Prior to participation, a temperature check must be completed. Any person with a temperature above 100.0 F, or that answers YES to a question on the screening form, must refrain from entering the church. Please arrive a few minutes early to allow enough time for this to be completed prior to the start of the service.
- You must maintain a minimum 6’ distance from others at all times.
- There will be no social gathering before or after the service.
What you need to know about the service:
- Pews where you can sit will be clearly marked, and ushers will be available to direct you as needed.
- Please use the hand sanitizer available in the narthex prior to entering the sanctuary.
- The service will be the Holy Eucharist, and Holy Communion will be offered in one kind only (bread).
- As you approach the altar to receive Holy Communion, please maintain a 6′ distance from others.
- The priest or lay eucharistic minister will be masked and will drop the wafer into your hands to avoid physical contact. Remove your mask after receiving it, and only to consume the host. Immediately replace your mask.
- There will be a limited number of musicians in attendance, with vocalists distanced from members of the congregation. The congregation is not permitted to sing at this time.
- There will be no physical contact when passing the peace.
- There will be a basket available for pledges or donations. The basket will NOT be passed during the offertory. Please place any offertory in the basket prior to the start of the service, or at the completion of the service to limit potential interaction with others.
- A service bulletin containing all necessary material will be emailed in advance, and all are encouraged to print and bring their own. They will also be printed and available on site. You will not have access to hymnals or prayer books.
Property logistics and safety:
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the narthex, as well as in the pews. Tissues will also be in the pews, along with a paper bag for disposal of any items. Disinfectant wipes will be available as you enter the church.
- All participants must wear masks for the entire service. If you forget to bring yours, we will have some available for your use.
- The handicapped bathroom, as well as the office wing bathrooms, will be available on an as needed basis. Directions for disinfecting areas that you touch, as well as disinfecting wipes for this purpose, will be available in all bathrooms.
- The church building, including all bathrooms, is being cleaned and sanitized after each Sunday.
- Attendance will be monitored via the registration system, and on site, in case contact tracing is required. As a result, it is greatly appreciated that you cancel your reservation if you find that you cannot attend.