Due to significantly increasing COVID-19 infection rates and guidance from the Diocese, we shifted from a limited modified in-person worship service to 100% virtual starting November 29.
September 13 through November 22:
St. Matthew’s resumed limited in-person Holy Eucharist worship services in the sanctuary on September 13, 2020.
8:00 a.m. Holy Eucharist with Communion, Traditional Music
9:30 a.m. Holy Eucharist with Communion, Contemporary Music. This service will also be offered via livestream.
As always, the primary goal is to return in the safest way possible. Therefore, the following guidelines must be followed:
- You must register to attend any of our services, and attendance will be limited to meet current guidance from the Diocese. A registration form will be available through links in our weekly emails, as well as here: https://reopen.church/r/MZEUeRNk If you are unable to do this electronically, please call the Parish Office, 215-646-4092.
- All attendees must wear masks from the point at which they exit their vehicles. Please be sure your masks fully cover your nose and mouth.
- 8:00 a.m. service attendees will park in the upper parking lot, and enter the church through the double doors facing Tennis Ave. 9:30 a.m. service attendees will park in the lower parking lot, and enter the church through the double doors to the narthex. If you require handicapped access, please use the upper lot for both services.
- You must maintain a minimum 6’ distance from others at all times.
- There will be no social gathering before or after the service.
What you need to know about the service:
- Pews where you can sit will be clearly marked, and ushers will be available to direct you as needed.
- Please use the hand sanitizer available in the narthex prior to entering the sanctuary.
- The service will be the Holy Eucharist, and Holy Communion will be offered in one kind only (bread).
- If you choose to receive Communion, it will be distributed at the back of the sanctuary, and instructions will be provided as to how to proceed. Always maintain a minimum distance of 6’ from those around you.
- The priest or lay eucharistic minister will be masked and gloved, and will drop the wafer into your hands to avoid physical contact. Remove your mask after receiving, and only to consume the host. Immediately replace your mask.
- In order to minimize surface touching, we ask that you stand or sit for prayers: no kneeling.
- There will be a limited number of musicians in attendance, with any singer positioned at a distance of at least 27’ from members of the congregation. The congregation is not permitted to sing at this time.
- There will be no physical contact when passing the peace.
- There will be a basket available for pledges or donations. The basket will NOT be passed during the offertory. Please place any offertory in the basket prior to the start of the service, or at completion of the service to limit potential interaction with others.
- A service bulletin containing all necessary material will be emailed in advance, and all are encouraged to print and bring their own. They will also be printed and available on site. You will not have access to hymnals or prayer books.
Property Logistics and Safety:
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the narthex, as well as in the pews. Tissues will also be in the pews, along with a paper bag for disposal of any items. Disinfectant wipes will be available as you enter the church.
- All participants must wear masks for the entire service. If you forget to bring yours, we will have some available for your use.
- The handicapped bathroom, as well as the office wing bathrooms, will be available on an as needed basis. Directions for disinfecting areas that you touch, as well as disinfecting wipes for this purpose, will be available in all bathrooms.
- The church building, including all bathrooms, is being cleaned and sanitized after each Sunday.
- Attendance will be monitored via the registration system, and on site, in case contact tracing is required. As a result, it is greatly appreciated that you cancel your reservation if you find that you cannot attend.